The Early Years SEND Partnership, which started its programme of work in November 2018 had its official launch event in Leeds on 17th January 2019.
This public event was an opportunity for the Partnership to showcase support that is being made available in the West Midlands, East Midlands, North East, North West and Yorkshire & Humber over the lifetime of the programme (up until March 2020).
In attendance were chief executives and senior leaders from national organisations, regional SEND coordinators and strategic leads and early years practitioners from local areas. It was chaired by Bob Reitemeier, Chief Executive of I CAN and programme partner.
Presentations from the day:
National policy and practice development updates
- Our Challenges: Philippa Stobbs, CDC
- Early Years Policy: Our current focus and activity: Helen Waite, DfE
- Working together to support Speech, Language and Communication Needs: Joanna Howes, Public Health England
- Childcare Works support: Ann Van Dyke, Hempsalls
Presentations from EYSEND Partnership
- CDC programme information: Chris Rees
- nasen programme information: Dr Adam Boddison
- Contact programme information: Anne Brook and Katie Barron
- TCT programme information: Maxine Burns
- I CAN programme information: Kate Freeman