This joint commissioning checklist is a simple tool which provides local areas with a framework for assessing their progress towards effective joint commissioning arrangements. Aimed at strategic level colleagues, the checklist prompts a RAG rating against key indicators under the following headings:
- An agreed vision for all partners
- Clear data
- A clear strategy, arrangements and governance
Once RAG rating has been completed against each of the subheadings, the tool calculates an overall summary. This can be repeated to provide a progress score for comparisons with the original baseline.
The joint commissioning checklist can be used alongside further CDC resources to support the implementation of an outcomes based approach to commissioning and the proactive use of data.
Other key resources include:
- Joint Commissioning Bulletin #3: Outcomes Based Commissioning
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment: Analysis and recommendations
- Outcomes Based Commissioning and the SEND Reforms
- Accelerated Working Group: Data and Information Sharing
- SEND Data Bulletins