The importance of listening to children and young people has received considerable attention in the literature, but little has been written about the particular challenges of listening to those with speech, language and communication needs.
This book includes:
- the voice of the children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
- insights from researchers, speech and language therapists, social workers, psychologists, teachers, advocates, and parents
- a diversity of disciplines: health, education, and social care
- a range of creative techniques and solutions for listening to children and young people
- provides links to service implications