My Future Choices gives a voice to disabled young people and give them the chance to show they have the same goals, dreams and aspirations as non-disabled young people.
Included in each issue are stories on health, education, employment, friends and activities. All of the stories are written by young people themselves and gives an opportunity to share with other young people how they have successfully transitioned into adulthood.
In this issue:
- Ross Lannon talks us through his passions and optimism for life
- Jason tells us about his journey to university with a disability
- Corey Scott illuminates his experience of EPIC (Equality, Participlation, Influence, Change), the young people’s advisory group in a poem
- Ryan Smith tells us that ‘The Sky is the Limit’ in his passion for new challenges
- Motivation and perseverance has paid off for John Dougan where he gains his first paid job and successfully passes his driving test
- Our front cover girl, Kali Perkins, tells us about her band Too Hot For Candy
- Ellen showcases her already impressive portfolio
- Temitope Onanuga tells us about how her involvement in advocacy groups have helped her develop skills and provide support for other disabled young people.