This handbook produced by Helen Sanderson Associates looks at the 5 key messages developed through working with SEND pathfinders and local authorities.
It is a self-assessment tool that asks you to look at the vision, practices, policies, knowledge and skills locally to deliver the SEND reforms in your area. Co-developed with SEND pathfinders, local authorities, and families this resource is for anyone delivering the SEND reforms, whether working for the local authority, within schools or as families. The 5 key messages are: -
- Develop a shared vision of improving life chances with young people, families and all key partners across education, health, social care, employment and housing
- Raise aspirations for a fulfilling adult life, and share information about what is possible and what has worked for others
- Develop a personalised approach to all aspects of support using person-centred practices, personal budgets and building strong communities
- Develop post 16 options and support that leads to employment, independent living, good health, friends, relationships and community inclusion
- Develop outcome focused multi-agency commissioning strategies that are informed by the voice of young people and families