Independent Support have produced a series of fact sheets as part of the training provided to Independent Supporters.
This fact sheet looks at the specific duties on local authorities and their partners to consult with children, their parents and young people in the development and review of the Local Offer.
It goes on to look at other areas where the local authorities must consult with children, parents and young people including:
- Considering whether an EHC assessment is necessary
- The contents of their EHC Plans
- When reviewing educational, training and social care provision
- When considering local priorities and outcomes as part of joint commissioning arrangements
- When reviewing EHC plans and deciding on any changes to the support and outcomes
- When considering ceasing to maintain an EHC plan