Information Advice and Support provider:
Islington SEND Community Support Service
Description of service offered:
The Service provides free, legally based, impartial, confidential and accessible information, advice and support on all matters relating to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Information and advice, either face to face, by telephone or electronically
- Help with preparing for meetings with schools, colleges and the Local Authority
- Support to express your views and wishes
- Information, advice, and support on all education, health and social care matters
- Help with writing letters, reports and filling in forms
- Help to complete SEN-related paperwork such as requests for EHC assessment, Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Information about local and national services and help with making referrals to services
- Information, advice and support to help resolve conflicts and disagreements e.g. with schools, colleges and the Local Authority
- Help with paperwork for Disability related welfare benefits including Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Advice on Health & Social Care, Personal Budgets, the law on SEN & Disability,
SENDIASS services are statutory, which means that every council must provide them. The Islington service was previously delivered by Centre 404 but is now delivered by Family Action.
Islington SEND Community Support Service,
The Northern Health Centre,
580 Holloway Road
Say that you want to contact the Islington SEND Community Support Service when calling or sending an email using the contact details below.
020 3031 6651 or 020 3031 6652