The British Association for Music Therapy provides both practitioners and non-practitioners with information, professional support, and training opportunities. It is also a charity committed to promoting and raising awareness of music therapy, and providing information to the general public.
Music therapy is an established clinical discipline which is widely used to help people whose lives have been affected by injury, illness or disability.
BAMT aims to promote:
- the art and science of music therapy;
- the use and development of music therapy for children and adults with a wide range of needs;
- understanding of music therapy for the general public
- to advance education in music therapy.
BAMT's remit is to
- promote the profession and practice of music therapy in the UK;
- act as a voice for those who could benefit from music therapy and for those who provide music therapy.