Being a Carer can sometimes feel like it's hard to piece everything together. Carers FIRST will support you on a one to one basis to ascertain your situation and do what we can to help make things better.
We are a charity supporting adult and young Carers, a Carer being anyone who provides unpaid support to a loved one. Carers can be of any age and may be looking after a relative including husband or wife, friend or neighbour. We work across Lincolnshire, South and North West Kent and Medway.
- Emotional and practical support, advice, information, guidance and offer statutory carers assessments, training, events, social groups, short break respite, activities trips and more.
- Information on a range of topics and will talk through different options with you
- Support in your conversations with people including GPs, hospitals and social services
- Practical training to help you care for your loved ones
- Checks for your eligibility for benefits & financial support
- Establish if you are eligible for a regular break from caring
- Social opportunities, trips and activities so you can meet other people in similar situations
- Regular contact with you through our carers hub phone line, website and quarterly newsletter