A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
The services offered include:
- Emotional and practical support for carers including providing care in the home to enable carers to take a break.
- Carers emergency services, offering help in a crisis.
- Outreach work in GP surgeries, hospital wards and schools to reach carers who haven’t come forward for support.
- Information and advice on issues such as benefits, grants and other help available.
- Giving carers a voice so that they are listened to by local decision makers.
- Helping carers to share experiences though group support and social activities.
- Access to education, training and employment.
- Supporting young carers through preventative, whole family work and clubs, activities and mentoring in schools.
The Carers Trust Network Partner has given me opportunities to grow my confidence through taking part in activities and events I’d never dreamed of.