We are really proud of our members and will jump at every chance to shout about them and their achievements! This is a dedicated place to showcase members and to shine the spotlight on their projects.
This time, we're looking at Children in Wales.
How it works
- Umbrella organisation for children’s services in Wales.
- Young Wales project aims to inform and enable all children and young people to participate effectively and have their view heard by Welsh Government.
- The Getting More Involved in Social Care project aims to support disabled children and young people to learn about their rights under The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
- Both of the above projects are funded by Welsh government.
What has been achieved?
- Young disabled people are involved in developing toolkits: this includes sections on wellbeing indicators; how to exercise their rights through participation and how to complain if their rights are not met
- Children and young people will have the opportunity to become trainers as part of their development
- A workforce that understands the rights of children and young people: