Today the Department for Education has published seven Invitations to Tender for contracts to support special educational needs (SEN) and disability in 2017-18.
The seven contracts will provide total funding of up to £4,812,000 in 2017-18. They are open to voluntary and community sector organisations, social enterprises and others bidding on a not-for-profit basis.
Information can be found on the Contracts Finder website (https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/Search). The Invitations to Tender cover:
- Contract to improve access to employment for young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Contract to improve support and inclusion of children and young people with autism
- Support for children and young people with additional needs in speech, language and communication skills
- Contract to provide delivery support to local areas in embedding reforms to services for children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities
- Contract to provide professional policy advice to the Department for Education on implementation of the special educational needs and disability (SEND) reforms
- Support for children and young people with physical disabilities
- Contract to provide strategic support to the Department for Education in embedding reforms to the special educational needs and disability (SEND) system
Proposals should be submitted to the Department by 10am on Monday 30 January 2017.
Questions about the process can be submitted until 9 January 2017 to Contracts2017-18.SEND@education.gov.uk. Answers to all questions will be available on Contracts Finder by 16 January 2017. DfE will not be able to answer any questions that are received after 9 January 2017.