The Personalised Care Group has opened applications for participants of it’s personal development programme, for people with lived experience of personalised approaches to health and social care.
The Peer Leadership Academy is a personal development programme that aims to build people’s knowledge, skills and confidence so they can play an active role in the personalised care programmes at a national and regional level.
Its aims include to:
- Increase the capacity of the national personalised care co-production group.
- Help drive demand for and take up of personalised care, especially personal health budgets.
- Enable people to work alongside the personalised care programme and effect change at a national level.
You are eligible to apply if you are an individual or family carer who has personal experience of personalised care. This could be through:
- A personal health budget or an integrated budget for health and social care.
- A personalised care and support plan
- An experience of being linked into peer support or to support organisations after a discussion with a health or social care professional
- An experience of ongoing conversations with a health professional about your condition where you discuss your options for treatment, and the potential risks and benefits of those
- An experience of receiving a social prescription to support self-management of a long-term physical health condition or a mental health condition
When & Where
“The Peer Leadership Academy has given me the confidence to believe my small voice can help make a difference to effect the changes.”
Find out more about the Peer Leadership Academy, and if it right for you here.