The prospectus for the Careers & Enterprise Fund 2018 (CEF2018) is now live and bids are invited for grant funding.
The fund, totalling £4.2 million, focuses on geographical areas of need and the most disadvantaged young people, including those with SEND. The fund is split in two parts:
- Part A - Employer Encounters (£2.5 million): for programmes selected by schools and colleges in 35 areas of need. The schools and colleges will be offered access to ‘virtual wallets’ to make these selections.
- Part B - Disadvantaged groups (£1.7 million): for disadvantaged groups, to understand how to most effectively support these young people. The groups of focus are:
- Young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Children in care and care leavers
- Gypsy, Roma and traveller young people
Part B has two SEND strands, one to raise aspirations generally, including inspiring young people in the targeted groups to plan for their future and consider a wider range of further education, training, apprenticeships and jobs/careers. The other strand (SEND strand 2), totals £200K and is available specifically for activity around employer engagement and support, resulting in improved employer confidence and the creation of more employer encounters for young people with SEND.
The prospectus can be accessed here. All interested parties are invited to bid.
If you have any questions regarding the Fund or the application process, these can be sent to email@example.com before 5pm on Thursday 12th July.
The deadline for applications is 3pm on 19th July 2018.