The Council for Disabled Children, in partnership with Face Front Inclusive Theatre, are delivering interactive training and performance on the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and supported decision making.
Who should attend:
- Professionals working directly with disabled young people and those with SEN aged 14-25
- Professionals involved in informing, developing and coordinating EHC plans across education, health and social care and across children’s and adults’ services
By taking part in the training you will:
- Explore the different experiences of young people and families through an interactive performance by Face Front Inclusive Theatre, a group of learning disabled artists
- Understand the 5 key principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and how to apply them in practice
- Learn practical person centred approaches for involving young people in decision making, whether or not they have capacity, including use of the ‘best interest checklist’
One of the best courses I have been on. Very informative and thought provoking
All tickets include lunch and refreshments. Delegate ticket - online rate: £185
Book your tickets now!