As part of our role as Strategic Reform Partner to the Department for Education, the Council for Disabled Children have been delivering regional ‘Social Care and the SEND reforms’ training to team managers, social workers and early help practitioners. Based on feedback from these sessions and from our wider social care networks it is clear that some of the trickier social care challenges require a multi-agency approach to identify potential solutions that are adaptable to different LA contexts.
The purpose of these action learning set workshopswe are holding is to bring together multi-agency local area teams across social care, education and health. By pooling a range of experience and expertise, each team will identify and develop practical solutions that can make a real impact.
Bookings will be taken per area for up to 5 people (minimum 3 per area) from each LA including representatives from social care, SEN, Health, EHC plan writers and a parent carer. One lead person from each local authority should coordinate bookings for an area team. If it is not possible to send 5 people but your local authority would still like to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
This solution-focused workshop will focus on up to three key social care challenges across the following themes:
- Role of social care in EHC assessment and planning
- Linking EHC process with social care assessments and planning
- Roles and responsibilities and workforce development
Each local area group will leave the session with a clear set of actions to move forward a particular challenge and CDC will support progress by sharing resources, identifying examples of national practice and facilitating the workshop.
- Up to 5 people from each LA including social care, SEN, Health, EHC plan writers and a parent carer.
- We recommend a mix of strategic and operational representation
Upcoming dates and locations:
- North West - 8th March, King's House Conference Centre, Manchester
- East Midlands – 15th March, New Parks House, Leicester
- North East - 26th March, the Durham Centre, Durham
- Yorkshire and the Humber - 23rd March, Park Inn by Radisson, York
- South East - 28th March, The Phoenix Garden, London
- East of England - 26th April, Cambridge Professional Development Centre, Cambridge
- South West - 27th April, Dorset County Council, Dorchester
- London - 23rd May, TBC