Information, Advice and Support provider
Suffolk Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (Suffolk SENDIASS)
Description of service
We support children, young people and their parents and carers to understand their rights about SEND and help them to share their views and wishes. We help families:
- To feel confident to express their views and participate
- Understand their rights in relation to SEND
- Find positive ways to communicate with schools and the local authority
- With questions about their or their child’s SEN, including choosing a school and the process of SEN support (assess/plan/do/review cycle).
- Through the EHC needs assessment and plan processes including help with forms, reports or letters etc
- By providing information to enable informed choices
- Where there are disagreements with school, the local authority or a health provider, we can explore options and support with next steps, including with school exclusion hearings, complaints to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) and with SEND tribunals.
Read more about the way we work on our ‘About us’ webpage.
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
SENDIASS, Purple, Ground floor
01473 265210 (If you can’t get through to someone when you call, please leave your details in a voicemail message)
Text: ADVICE4ME to 87007