Information, Advice and Support provider
Tower Hamlets Parents and Young People Information Advice and Support Service
Description of service
The Parents Advice Centre (PAC) has provided the statutory Parent Partnership Service for Tower Hamlets for over 20 years. From September 1, 2014 in light of the Children and Families Act and the new SEN Code of Practice, the service will be extended to provide the SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information and Advice Service) for Tower Hamlets.
The PAC is a self-referring service which offers advice, information and support to parents, carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) from birth to 25 and young people 16 to 25 independent of their parents.
We have a successful Independent Parental Supporter (volunteer) programme to increase our capacity to provide a range of services.
The PAC Team Offers:
- Telephone advice line Monday – Friday 9am–5pm
- Drop-in service for parents and carers every Tuesday and Friday 9.30am–3pm
- Fortnightly drop-in for young people
- Advice, information and support on Education, Health and Social Care
- Independent support function for all parents whose children are being assessed for an Education Health Care (EHC) plan
- Independent support function for young people who are being assessed for EHC plan
- Case work for more complex cases for parents and young people
- SEND Young People Forum
- Specialist support groups for parents e.g. SEN support group, Dyslexia Support Group, ADHD support group, Bengali parent support group
- Signposting to the Local offer
- Co-ordination of parent participation in conjunction with parent/carer forum (PACSEN)
- Training for parents, young people and professionals
- Mediation service for schools and parents
- Mediation service for colleges and schools and young people
- A whole range of useful leaflets are available from the Parents Advice Centre. These can be downloaded from our website. http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/
The PAC works closely with a range of other service providers these include Health, Social Care and the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Tower Hamlets Parents Advice Centre
30 Greatorex Street,
Monday - Friday 9.00am -5.00pm
Drop-in advice sessions run on Tuesdays and Friday between 9.30am and 3.30pm and late drop-in advice session on Wednesdays between 4.30pm and 6.00pm.
020 7364 6489