Information, Advice and Support provider
Hammersmith & Fulham SEND Information, Advice and Support service is provided by Your Voice in Health & Social Care (YVHSC)
Description of service
We are an impartial and free service. We provide confidential, accessible advice, guidance and support to parents/carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and young people with SEND aged between 16 and 25 years old.
Our IAS service delivers the service to local residents in the Hammersmith and Fulham area. YVHSC promotes good working relationships between parents, nurseries, schools, colleges and other educational settings and the Local Authority.
We aim to:
- Ensure parents and young people understand everything and can fully participate in the EHCP process by explaining how the EHCP assessment process works.
- Empower parents/carers and young people to play an active and informed role in education and the assessment process.
- Promote and increase parental confidence in the EHCP process.
- Support and guide parents/carers, their children and young people through the assessment process.
- Promote positive outcomes between parents/carers, schools, colleges and Local Authority agencies.
- Ensure the views, needs and wishes of parents/carers, children and young people are included in the EHCP assessment.
We will provide:
- An individual drop-in service for parents/carers.
- Support at meetings and empower parents/carers to express their views/concerns about their child's needs and progress.
- Support and assistance to draft letters and any other supporting paperwork.
- Check EHC plans with parents/carers to ensure that objectives and outcomes of the special education provision meet the child/young person's needs.
- Clear information to parents/carers and young people about access to the Local Authority's 'Local Offer', how it is used and its availability.
- Information on other organisations, groups or specialist services if further support is required.
141-143 King Street,
9am to 4pm Monday to Friday