Information, Advice and Support provider
Cumberland SEND IAS Service
Description of service
Offering free, impartial and confidential, information, advice and support to children and young people (0-25 years) with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their parents and carers.
Your local SEND IAS Service Co-ordinator will listen to your concerns and can offer:
- Appropriate support, impartial information and advice on a range of SEND related queries including - identifying a need, exclusions from school, complaints and disagreements when something goes wrong;
- Advice regarding SEND related health and social care matters;
- Detailed explanations of how the Special Educational Needs (SEN) process should work, for example the support that should be ordinarily available for all children and young people with SEND in early years, schools and post 16 settings;
- Information about local and national voluntary organisations;
- Information about young peoples and parents support groups in your area;
- Support through the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) Process including annual reviews;
- To help you learn more about the SEND Code of Practice and your legal rights;
- Support at meetings where appropriate.
9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Confidential voicemail facilities on all telephone numbers 24 hours per day.
Copeland and Carlisle West
Carlisle North/South/East, Brampton and Longtown