Ask Us Nottinghamshire

We provide a free, confidential Information, Advice and Support Service, to give impartial advice, information and support across education, health and social care issues to parents and carers of disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs (SEN) living in the area.

We can offer you support to:

  • Find a suitable school for your child
  • Understand the different ways the school will support your child 
  • Build and maintain a good working relationship with school staff
  • Be fully involved in decisions made about your child’s education
  • Resolve problematic situations 
  • Make a complaint to the school governors when a difficult situation is unable to be resolved
  • Understand and set in motion statutory processes where your child has very high-level needs
  • Ensure that you are informed about and involved in those processes
  • Access independent appeals where other means of resolving disagreement have been exhausted
  • Resolve issues around school exclusion

…and with other education-related issues.

External Resources