BSA offers support to all whose lives are affected by stammering.
Stammering can be a baffling and frustrating condition. It can lead to loneliness and isolation. It can seriously impact on educational success and employment chances. It can be distressing for parents when their little one suddenly, without apparent cause, starts to struggle with their speech. When talking is hard, life can be difficult.
- To initiate and support research into stammering.
- To identify and promote effective therapies.
- To offer support to all whose lives are affected by stammering.
- To promote awareness of stammering.
The BSA aims to be:
- selfless and generous spirited;
- trustful and widely trusted;
- informal and largely un-bureaucratic;
- inclusive and non-discriminatory;
- collaborative rather than competitive;
- and passionate about our aims.