The ERC works to achieve independence and personal development for all disabled people.
Elfrida Rathbone Camden (ERC) began in 1982 as a branch of the Elfrida Society based in Camden, with the aim of ‘promoting and advancing the welfare, education, training and advancement in life of persons with learning difficulties’.
- For the lives of parents and families to be improved by access to the support they feel they need.
- For disabled people to be supported to maximise their potential through:
- access to education, training, information and recreation;
- by promoting self-esteem, confidence and independence; and
- by supporting families and carers of disabled people.
- And for children and young people to have the maximum opportunities to achieve their potential.