KIDS supports over 8,000 disabled children, young people and their families every year by delivering around 140 services across England, engaging with approximately 80 Local Authorities.
KIDS is unique; there is no other organisation dedicated to providing such an extensive range of services to disabled children and young people, aged 0-25 years, irrespective of their impairment or condition. The aim is to:
- equip parents with extra skills and confidence to nurture and develop their disabled child
- enable disabled children to have a happy childhood
- support teenagers and young adults to develop practical, social and interpersonal skills, challenge discrimination and achieve their goals
- provide parents with support and breaks from the pressures of caring for a disabled child
- provide fun activities and support for siblings of disabled children and young carers
- assist local authorities and other organisations in making their facilities accessible and welcoming to all disabled children and young people.
Their vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families.