How to find and access support?

There are many ways in which children, parents and young people can access free information, advice and support.

By contacting your local Information Advice and Support Service

Under the guidance and support of IASSN, IAS Services have a duty to provide a free, impartial and confidential information, advice and support service to disabled children and young people, and those with SEN from birth to 25, and their parents. These are statutory services which means there has to be a service in every local authority.

A map of England with contact details to help you find your local IAS service can be found here

Parents and young people can request an EHC Assessment in their own right and more information about doing so can also be found here.


By visiting your local offer page

Visit your local authority website and look for information using the search term ‘Local Offer’. Here you will find information to help children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities and their families find the local information and support from across the relevant local area.

By contacting the national helpline

Our partner ‘Contact’ run a national helpline for parents and carers in any part of the UK with a disabled child aged from birth to 25. You can phone the helpline on 0808 808 3555 between 9.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Calls are free from UK landlines and UK mobiles. 

Parents can also access online advice and support from the Contact website:

For other enquires about the IAS programme please email