The CHF is the leading UK children’s heart charity.
Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common birth defect in the UK. Thousands of babies are born with a heart problem each year and hundreds of children develop a heart condition at some point after birth.
CHF give heart families direct support by:
- Giving information and advice on their telephone helpline and via factsheets, publications and website.
- Providing grants for medical equipment and giving financial assistance for specialist care needs.
- Organising family support activities – including respite trips and weekends away.
CHF educate professionals and the public by:
- Advising policy makers and service providers on how the needs of children with heart conditions should be met.
- Supporting research projects across the globe to help make the future a brighter place for children with heart conditions.
- Campaigning for improvements in health, social and educational provision for young CHD patients.
CHF support member groups by:
- Coordinating partnerships and organising group work.
- Providing ongoing support, advice and information to existing groups.
- Empowering new and emerging groups with information, advice and direct support.
- Organising training and group activities.